Sustainable Development Internships in Cape Town.
South Africa provides a unique landscape for those interested in pursuing sustainable development- that is achieving economic growth while maintaining environmental responsibility. Cape Town, in particular, as one of the most developed cities in Africa, is focused on scaling-up in a fashion that is environmentally and socially responsible. It offers a rare blend of economic progress with a beautiful environment in need of protection. Because of this, there are a significant number of organizations, companies, and government agencies in Cape Town that focus on sustainability and economic progress.
South Africa is a leading African nation in sustainable development practices. The 2014 World Design Capital, held in Cape Town, put a spotlight on South Africa’s sustainability progress and goals. Candidates for our sustainable development internship sites are expected to have a strong academic background, research experience, and a particular interest in social, economic, or environmental growth. We have placed program participants in the following sustainable development work settings:
- Sustainable & Economic Development
- Renewable Energy Solutions
- Low-Income Housing Development
The benefits of participating in a sustainable development internship in South Africa:
- Gain Valuable Field Experience: Work within the specific field of sustainable development that relates to your professional interests.
- Experiential Learning: You will be placed in a professional setting that allows you to work hands-on with professionals in your particular field.
- Create an Impact: Cape Town has both a unique environment worth preserving and significant poverty that needs eradication. Both of these facts provide an opportunity for sustainable development to make a difference in the environment and economic structures of South Africa.
- Career Building: In addition to the practical job exposure, the internship will give you the chance to build your professional resume/CV with invaluable international work experience, as well as a letter of recommendation.
If you are interested in participating in one of our sustainable development internships in Cape Town, please contact us today to begin your application process.
You may also be interested in: