Sustainable Development Internships in Cape Town.
South Africa provides a unique landscape for those interested in pursuing experience in sustainable development. During your internship, join one of a number of organizations, companies, and government agencies in Cape Town that promote social, economic, cultural and environmental sustainability and are working towards solutions to common problems in a social and/or environmental context. Sustainable internships can offer a rare blend of being involved with grassroots community projects or a part of economic progress with a beautiful environment in need of protection. Whichever your focus, you will be a part of positive sustainable efforts for community and environmental well-being.
South Africa is a leading African nation in sustainable development practices. The 2014 World Design Capital, held in Cape Town, put a spotlight on South Africa’s sustainability progress and goals. Candidates for our sustainable development internship sites are expected to have a strong academic background, research experience, and a particular interest in social, economic, or environmental growth. We have placed program participants in the following sustainable development work settings:
- Sustainable & economic development
- Social and community development
- Environmental sustainability and awareness
- Renewable energy solutions
- Low-income housing development
The benefits of participating in a sustainable development internship in South Africa:
- Gain Valuable Field Experience: Work within the specific field of sustainable development that relates to your professional interests.
- Experiential Learning: You will be placed in a professional setting that allows you to work hands-on with professionals in your particular field.
- Create an Impact: Cape Town has both a unique environment worth preserving and significant poverty that needs eradication. Both of these facts provide an opportunity for sustainable development to make a difference in the environment and economic structures of South Africa.
- Career Building: In addition to the practical job exposure, your internship will help you build your professional resume/CV with invaluable international work experience.
If you are interested in participating in one of our sustainable development internships in Cape Town, please contact us today to begin your application process.
You may also be interested in: