The South African Parliament is located in Cape Town, making the city the ideal place to participate in a political science internship in South Africa. You will receive first-hand experience in politics and policy development while interning at a government department, policy institute, NGO or South African political party. Past political science interships have included the following areas of academic focus:
- Law and Justice
- Public Policy
- Political Analysis
- Political Campaigns and Elections
- Legislative Research
- Community Outreach and Political Awareness
- Political Advocacy
- A first-hand look at world of politics: The legislative branch of South Africa sits in Cape Town. Therefore we are able to place clients in professional positions within SA’s parliament and government agencies that will give you first-hand experience in government operations and relations.
- Build your Portfolio: The political science field can be an extremely competitive field. Experience can be integral to start and effective career in politics. Students can build their CV’s and resumes by completing a professional internship in Cape Town.
- Experience Cape Town: In addition to gaining professional work experience, you will also have the opportunity to live in one of the most unique and beautiful cities in Africa. Known as the “Mother City,” Cape Town is a vibrant city with an eclectic mix of new and old that you will quickly fall in love with.
A political science internship in South Africa will provide you with an opportunity to be exposed to the legislative system by monitoring parliamentary meetings and to expand your cultural boundaries, all while living in the beautiful city of Cape Town.
Contact us today if you are interested in our political science internships.