An overview of marketing internships in Cape Town
During the application process, we will ask you to give our staff a comprehensive outline of your interests within the marketing profession. “Marketing” is a very complex field and we would like to place you with the organization that will give you the best professional experience. Candidates for our marketing internships are expected to have studied marketing at school and/or have relevant professional experience in the field. Some example Cape Town marketing internship opportunities include the following:
- Managing the social media and online reputation of your host organization.
- Working with the SEO/ web marketing division of a company.
- Work at an advertising agency.
- Working with a website optimization team.
- Events planning and functions.
- Writing weekly newsletters.
- Creating/managing videos and films that market the company.
- Designing marketing strategies and reports.
The benefits of a doing your marketing internship in South Africa:
Experiential learning— Learn from the example of established industry professionals as you complete projects and tasks at your internship site.
Exposure to a new marketing culture— Study marketing strategies that are unique to South Africa.
Manage a diverse role of responsibilities— Marketing internships are often very busy and dynamic positions that will allow you to participate in a variety of different projects.
Learn how to source clients and make sales— Many of our marketing internship positions are located at smaller companies where you will be supervised by the director or founder of the organization. Through access to company leadership, you will learn about the business aspects of the marketing industry.