Marketing internships abroad in Cape Town are in high demand because companies and NGOs always have a need for interns with a marketing specialization. Whether you would like to apply our knowledge within a more traditional corporate environment or at a grassroots NGO, we will find you an internship where you will have a very active role of responsibilities. Marketing internships are best suited to candidates that are studying marketing, communications PR, Media or Advertising or have some industry experience in these fields.
Past VACorps interns have participated in the following marketing internship activities:
- Managing the social media and online reputation of your host organization
- Designing marketing strategies and reports
- Working with the SEO/ web marketing division of a company
- Work at an advertising agency
- Working with a website optimization team
- Events planning and functions
- Writing weekly newsletters
- Creating/managing videos and films that market the company
Experiential learning— Learn from the example of established industry professionals as you complete projects and tasks at your internship site.
Exposure to a new marketing culture— Study marketing strategies that are unique to South Africa.
Manage a diverse role of responsibilities— Marketing internships are often very busy and dynamic positions that will allow you to participate in a variety of different projects.
Learn how to source clients and make sales— Many of our marketing internship positions are located at smaller companies where you will be supervised by the director or founder of the organization. Through access to company leadership, you will learn about the business aspects of the marketing industry.