VACorps will help to create a South African social work internship for you tailored specifically to your professional goals. Candidates for our social work internships are expected to have a strong theoretical understanding of social work, and interest in developmental psychology, sociology, and/or prior experience working in a social work setting. We have placed program participants at internship sites in the following social work settings:
- Orphanages and children’s homes
- Clinics and NGO’s for those affected by HIV/AIDS
- Women’s health clinics for victims of abuse
- Homes for chronically ill children
- Cape Town welfare projects in the townships
The benefits of a doing your social work internship in South Africa:
- Complement your theoretical understanding of social work— Work within the social work field that directly relates to your area of professional interest.
- Satisfy degree and graduate school requirements—Gain certified clinical hours and a letter of recommendation towards your professional future in the field.
- Experiential learning —Directly assist South African social work professionals with patients assessments, group therapy, home evaluations, support services for those with HIV/AIDS and victims of abuse, charting/patient write-ups, and working alongside other public healthcare workers.
- Make a difference in the lives of others—Connect with your patients on a personal level as you use your skills and passion to improve the everyday lives of your patients.
Contact us today to learn how you can apply for a Cape Town social work internship.